64-bit Windows Required
You must be running 64-bit Windows 7 or later to play Galactic
Civilizations III. This requirement allows us to create the largest,
most advanced, strategy game possible.
Galactic Civilizations III is the largest strategy sandbox ever made. Start with a single world and expand across the galaxy through diplomacy, trade, cultural hegemony or military conquest in this single-player or multiplayer 4X strategy game. How will you rule your galaxy?
- Never the same game twice: Play in the ultimate sandbox where each game has a unique map, unique worlds and new challenges to face.
- Multiple paths to victory: Win through military conquest, cultural domination, technological ascension or political alliance.
- Story-based campaign: Galactic Civilizations III includes a campaign that brings players up to date on the 20-year story arc behind the rise of humanity in the 23rd century.
- Massive technology tree: Research a technology tree with immense breadth and depth. Player choices determine the capabilities of their civilization.
- Custom ship design: Players have total control over how their starships function as well as how they look. Any ship youve ever imagined can be created or downloaded.
NEW TO GALACTIC CIVILIZATIONS III:
- Massive scale: The new, 64-bit, multi-core engine increases the number of possible opponents from 16 to 128 with a similar explosion in maximum map sizes.
- Ideology: Player actions advance their empires down the path of various ideologies, which unlock unique abilities, planetary improvements, and other bonuses.
- Multiplayer: For the first time, Galactic Civilizations is a multiplayer game with full support for custom civilizations, saved multiplayer games and much more.
- Unique technology trees: Players can play as any of the eight major galactic powers (or design their own), each with their own unique technology tree, ships, colony improvements and abilities.
- Faction Creator: To encourage massive gameplay, the game includes a faction creator that allows players to create a civilization with its own look, ships, technologies and even options for how the AI will use them.
- New Battle System: Players assign their ships specific roles to play in combat. You can now view fleet battles in a cinematic style to see your designs in action.
- New Colony Manager: The location of a planetary improvement now matters. Adjacency bonuses and planetary resources make a major impact on what a planet is strong (or weak) at accomplishing.